Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Embroidery Hoop Memo Board

   This simple memo board for my studio was made using items I already had on hand. I had been storing leftover quilt batting for awhile knowing I could use it somehow and now I'm glad I still had it.



Here's how to make your own:

Materials:
  • Embroidery hoop
  • Fabric
  • Quilt batting or stuffing
  • Cereal box cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Pen
1. Trace circle on cereal box with inner hoop of embroidery hoop. Cut out circle.

2. Cut fabric for embroidery hoop, leaving enough fabric to fold edges over on the back

3. Fill back of hoop with batting/stuffing.

4. Put cardboard over back of hoop and tape fabric down. Use end of scissors to push in any stuffing that sticks out.




I know there are prettier ways to finish the back but since this is just going up on the wall, it doesn't seem necessary. If you wanted to, you could cover the cardboard in fabric then hot glue it to the back of the hoop.




  I used thick sewing pins to coordinate with the fabric, but thumb tacks could be used instead. The cardboard prevents the pins from poking the wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment